Monday, October 02, 2006

The Art of Beer Advertising

What could go better with a cigarette than a nice cold beer? So a look at the illustrated beer ads of the 50's seemed like a natural to follow up last week's look at smoking.

Quite a few well known illustrators (like Austin Briggs, at left) created artwork for beer ads in general and Schlitz in particular. Over the next few days we'll take a look at some of that art - but you'll already find a few really nice pieces in my Beverages Flickr set.

4 comments:

  1. I'm thirsty all of a sudden ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me Dom, we will quench that thirst this week! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leif, I can't imagine that there was ever a time, or even a planet, where company picnics were conducted like that. You seem to find the strangest things!

    I am hoping that this topic means that we will be seeing some John Gannam this week....?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wish is my command, David. I was scanning some Gannam as your comment notification arrived in my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete