Friday, October 27, 2006

Pepsi Does Hallowe'en

I may prefer Coke, but if I had been around in the 50's, I'd probably have been a Pepsi drinker - just on the strength of their decade-long ad campaign.Coke ads from the 50's are hoplessly stodgy compared to the seemingly endless supply of fresh, modern, stylishly sexy ads for Pepsi that flowed out of the Cooper (and other) studios.

I've scanned quite a few, and should probably organize them into their own set, but for now, you'll find them peppered throughout my Beverages Flickr set.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:59 PM

    It's great to see ephemera like this in the spotlight. The items I feature on dovetail nicely with what you feature on your amazing and wonderful blog. Just wanted to say I enjoyed what you're doing here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, marty! i enjoyed checking out your blog, especially the post on the Horrors of war gum wrapper - what a great little anecdote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:51 AM

    Check that logo on the model's chest! Looks a lot like the pink-triangle logo embraced by present-day gay organizations! Hmm...I wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:59 PM

    who was the artist of this ad?

    ReplyDelete