Friday, June 29, 2007

Thanks Blurkers!

I've got a huge grin on my face this morning after reading all the wonderful comments - and emails - from so many of you who have been blurking here at Today's Inspiration. You can't imagine how much it means to me to hear that this blog is an important little kickstart to your day. Thanks to each and every one of you for sharing a bit about yourself!


Our final word on Dom Lupo comes from TI list member Jack Raglin (who's article on vintage pin-up artist Enoch Bolles in issue #10 of Illustration magazine is a must-read). Jack's fine detective work turned up the following clues to the mysterious Dom Lupo:

"His wife's name is Maxine Van Evera Lupo (b. 1921?) and she is some sort of a golf expert. She's published several books ongolf form that Dom has illustrated and one was revised just last year so who knows if she, at least, is still alive (it was first published in 1992). Dom was illustrating golf books in the early 70s and my guess is that he must have been at least a decent golfer. He also was a very busy book cover and interior illustrator in the 70s, mainly from what I can tell, of books for tweeners/teens."

Many thanks for digging up those details, Jack!


You can see these illustrations at full size in my Dom Lupo Flickr set.

5 comments:

  1. My name is Ron Fortier. I'm a writer
    from Somersworth, NH, and I love illustrators. You can find out more about me at (www.airship27.com) where I post my own weekly blog.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:04 PM

    hi leif,

    I just read through your last two blogs, and am i admit a bluker...it was interesting to read through the comments you have recieved.
    As a marketeer, i work wiht many adagencies, designers etc., and will forward on your blog to them...perhaps build your Australian following.

    hope all is well over there!

    cheers
    Maggie OXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:38 AM

    I too am a blurker. I'm a 16 year old student from Houston, Texas who enjoys illustration of all kinds. I will spread the word of your blog to as many people as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a student from Alabama and want to share this https://college-homework-help.org/blog/misspelled-english-words topic with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ray Crusher5:16 AM

    As a man, who had few jobs in editing, i'm always amazed by the quality of old magazines. Perfectly proofreaded text looks great with those awesome illustration, i'm really enjoying by those kind of style. I can't even imagine how much of work was put in it.

    ReplyDelete