Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Charlie Allen Launches a Blog

Ever since I wrote about his career in this space, I've had the great pleasure on an ongoing correspondence with Charlie Allen. Along the way, Charlie has sent me not only his comments - but more terrific examples of his work than I can count. Yesterday was no exception.


It occurred to me that Charlie has so many great stories and so much amazing artwork to share, he really ought to have his own blog... so I set one up for him, and today you get to read his first post. I think you'll enjoy - and learn from - Charlie's remarks as much as I do. Its a rare opportunity to learn about the West Coast advertising art business of the mid-20th century from one of the top illustrators of those times... a guy who was there on 'the front lines' leading the charge.

Charlie plans to update his posts approximately once a week, so be sure to check in often at Charlie Allen's Blog.

You can always find it in my sidebar links!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely rockin' Leif!! Thanks for creating a blog for this great artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm feeling a little left out of the loop. Charlie's Blog. I like the sound of that.

    Charlie, who say's you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I remember you grousing about computers, e-mails and scanners and now you're going digital. Next thing, you'll be buying Adobe Illustrator and starting a whole new career.

    Good luck, Bruce Hettema

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! And what a great idea too, nice going Leif. Looking forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Leif. That's cool you did that for him. It's nice to read stuff from the source. I've been on vacation lately, I got a lot of catching up to do on blogs!

    ReplyDelete