Monday, August 30, 2010

A Three Investigators Art Mystery

Daniel Storm writes, "I'm working on an article on the artists of The Three Investigators children's detective series for Illustration Magazine. My article is finished and will appear in issue # 32 at the first of the year, but I'm still on the hunt for any remaining pieces of art that might still be out there. Is it possible for you to make a mention in your blog so I can see if any of your readers might know where some art is? I'm particularly in need of more original Three Investigators art from Ed Vebell, Jack Hearne and Robert Adragna."

Vebell01

"I've pretty much been to the ends of the earth and found a ton of stuff, but I just want to make sure that this is the definitive article on the artists and I've exhausted ever possibility."

"Basically I'm looking for anyone who owns original Three Investigators art or maybe knows someone who owns Three Investigator art. I've exhausted pretty much every source online so this is more of a do you actually know someone that has any or maybe a reader has some themself. The 3 artists I mentioned in the previous emails are the ones that I only have 1-2 examples of original Three Investigators art. I could use a few more pieces from each for the article. I don't want to limit it to just those 3 artists in case someone has something that I an not aware of from someone else."


Kane02

"Anyone who can point me in the direction of some Three Investigators art will get a special thanks in the article."

Hearne29

If you think you can help Daniel solve "the mystery of the missing Three Investigators art", drop him a line at storm02@sprynet.com

* From top to bottom today, art by Ed Vebell, Harry Kane and Jack Hearne from various volumes of what is one of my most beloved childhood book series; Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators.

No comments:

Post a Comment