Tuesday, February 14, 2006

"4"

Four jobs I’ve had:

1. Paper boy. I made $33 a week. At age 11. In 1970's dollars. You do the math.
2. Feeder, waterer and poop picker-upper at an animal research lab in our local university hospital. Really, I'm still doing this job... nothings changed in twenty-five years except the location and the type of animals.
3. Tobacco primer. "Ya picks yer nose - ya prime tobacco."
4. Freelance illustrator. All I ever wanted to be, all I ever hope to be.

Four movies I can watch over and over:

1. Bladerunner
2. Jean de Florette
3. The Big Lebowski
4. PeeWee's Big Adventure


Four places I have lived:

1. Hanover, ( at the time West ) Germany - where I was born.
2. Brampton, Ontario - thankfully in the one tiny neighbourhood that had any character in an otherwise souless, faceless, sprawling suburban wasteland - and that's where they put an art school, if you can believe it!
3. Langton, Ontario - where this city kid spent two teenage summers as a farmboy.
4. Hamilton, Ontario - my beautiful here, now and always.

Four television shows I love to watch:

1. Lost
2. Six Feet Under
3. The Office
4. Dead Like Me

Four places I have been on vacation:

1. New York City
2. San Diego
3. San Francisco
4. Annapolis

Four of my favorite dishes:

1. Roast Duck as made by my mom
2. Schnitzel Pusta from The Black Forest
3. T-bone Steak ( keep your New York Porterhouse - the "T" is truly the king of steaks - for real carnivores only )
4. Chef's Special #6 from the Hunan House - Garlic Shrimp - they're like candy!

Four websites I visit regularly:

1.The ward-O-matic - a really good writer disguised as an animation director
2.Illustration Art - a really thought provoking teacher disguised as a lawyer
3. Royal Academy of Illustration & Design - four really good illustrators disguised as four lazy good-for-nothing bums
4.Mr. Ess's Ghettoass Studios - a really good musician/composer disguised as a teen-age boy ( my son )

Four places I would rather be right now:

1.The cottage we rent each summer in Haliburton - I just know it must be beautiful and serene up there right now.
2.Southern California - ok, its a complete contradiction but I HATE winter and have had just about enough!
3.Arizona/New Mexico - everything I've ever seen or heard about this part of the US makes me want to go live there. Right now.
4.In my time machine back to ten years younger and twenty pounds lighter.

Four bloggers I am tagging: Ben, Cameron, Kagan and Steve - because laughter is the best medicine and these Love Doctors will cure what ails us. Plus they share a studio and a blog so you'll only need to go to one site to read all their answers to this meme!

No comments:

Post a Comment