Monday, March 27, 2006

Ads with 50's Storybook Styles

This weekend my Ads with Cartoon Elements Flickr set passed the 10,000 views mark.
I still can't get over how phenomenally well received that set of images has been. With that in mind, I decided to create a related set, Ads with 50's Storybook Styles, to accomodate the many beautiful examples I've found that don't quite fit the first set. I'll be adding about half a dozen or so images to it each day this week.

As much as I love this type of illustration, there are others who are far more authoritative about it. I thought it might be fun to ask some of those folks to guest write this week's posts - and they kindly obliged! Today, 50's packaging art historian and Mr. Toast creator, Dan Goodsell, takes the helm. His post begins immediately below...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:57 PM

    the new photo set is nice too

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx kalphegor! You'll see it grow quite a bit this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete