Monday, June 11, 2007

Summer's Here!

Ok, not officially... but it sure feels like summer, doesn't it?


And with the imminent arrival of summer I propose we all spend a little less time in front of the computer and a little more time enjoying the great outdoors.

That's why I'll be cutting back on long posts and multiple images for the next couple of months. You'll still find one or two images here each weekday... but I'm going to take a break from researching and writing and scanning, scanning, scanning.

So if the weather's as nice where you are as it is here in sunny Southern Ontario, then I encourage you to get outside for lunch today. Take a stroll, do a little gardening when you get home tonight and and enjoy SUMMER!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:42 AM

    Hi Leif,
    I'll try to give you a break from all the "scanning, scanning, scanning" and finally start sending you the Fuchs and Peak lessons from the Famous Artists School book that I promised you months and months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris - I'll be looking forward to that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sage advice indeed...
    i've just discovered this blog, and while i have to say i'm sorry to hear you'll be cutting back over the summer, i also think you're refreshingly on point with the "go outside" advice.
    thanks for both offerring a great source of internet information/inspiration, and for encouraging all of us reading it to go appreciate the real world as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, celeste! Don't worry - if you've only just discovered my blog you'll find tons of cool artwork and interesting info in the archives.

    By the time I return to longer posts in the fall you'll probably not have made it all the way through! ;-)

    P.S. And how could you? Because you'll be outside enjoying a day at the beach anyway, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny you should start posting about summer, Leif, because I'm currently working on a big fat summer post -- featuring illustrations and various outdoor cooking oddities from the 50's! Stay tuned.

    I'm glad that at least you'll still be posting something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ward - that sounds great! I'll be looking forward to checking out your post! :-)

    ReplyDelete