Monday, April 21, 2008

A Last Peek at Peak

If you read all the way through last week's posts you'll already know that it was thanks to the generous contributions of several people who shared material with me that I was able to present such an abundance of art and information to you.

Even after everything we looked at, a good number of scans remain unseen on my hard drive. I'll save some for another time... but let's enjoy just a few more Bob Peak illustrations from that batch before moving on.


You know, many thoughtful folks send me stuff. Its a wonderful (and entirely unexpected) benefit of having started this blog. But I don't think its their intention to share their treasures with me alone... I believe they are happy to find someplace where this fantastic artwork will once more see the light of day.


Often I file these things away, because they fit perfectly with something I have bigger plans for in the future. But sometimes I feel badly that I'm hanging onto these contributions for so long - when I'm sure the person who sent the material is anxious for me to share it with you.


So this week I'm going to dip into the archives and present "Stuff People Sent Me". That's our theme.


To start the week, my thanks to Charlie Allen and Harold Henriksen for contribution today's scans.


If you'd like a closer look at any of these pieces, they now reside at full size in my Bob Peak Flickr set.

4 comments:

  1. you peaked my peak. great post [again] and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:58 PM

    btw, leif...i was told a few years back by the guy who owns "flesk publications"(i think his name was john fleskes)...that he had plans to eventually publish a book on BOB PEAK....i think that would be great...brian...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The funny thing is, I just used one of those samsonite suitcases pictured in that ad, for a trip to Tokyo... one of the large rust-colored ones!

    ReplyDelete